Main Article Content
Pellet Biopolymer Polyvinyl Alcohol/Alginate/Glutaraldehyde impregnated with BPAC has been successfully synthesized. The morphology of pellet biopolymer was observed using SEM and mechanical strength of pellet was investigated using Hydraulic Impact Resistance. The density of pellet was also investigated. The result shows that the pellets have a round shape, springy texture, and water content presence inside the pellet. Pellet biopolymer without BPAC have an white gel-like bead, pellet with 0.5 g of BPAC was dark gray, and pellet with 1 g of BPAC was light gray. The SEM image of pellet biopolymer with 0.5 g of BPAC shows that the BPAC existed on the surface of pellet biopolymer. However, the SEM image of pellet biopolymer with 1 g of BPAC shows that almost all of the BPAC coated into the pellet biopolymer. The obtained pellet biopolymer impregnated with BPAC could adsorb the copper (II) ion from aqueous solution.
- Ammar Staind. 2014. Waste processing. Jakarta.
- Aprilia., N.F. 2021. Production of PVA/Na-Alginate Polymer Particles Containing Banana Peel (Musa paradisiaca L.) as Cu2+ Ion Biosorbent. Essay. Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Tadulako University, Palu.
- Central Bureau of Statistics. 2020. Production of Fruit Plants. URL: https://www.bps.go.id/indicator/55/62/1/production-tanaman-fruits.html. Retrieved March 5, 2022.Du, Z., Liu, F., Xiao, C., Dan, Y., & Jiang, L., 2021, Fabrication of poly (vinyl alcohol)/sodium alginate hydrogel beads and its application in photo-Fenton degradation of tetracycline, J. Mater. Sci., 56(1): 913-926.
- El Hankari, S., Bousmina, M. and El Kadib, A., 2019. Biopolymer@ metal-organic framework hybrid materials: a critical survey. Progress in Materials Science, 106, p.100579.
- Fertahi, S., Ilsouk, M., Zeroual, Y., Oukarroum, A. and Barakat, A., 2021. Recent trends in organic coating based on biopolymers and biomass for controlled and slow release fertilizers. Journal of controlled release, 330, pp.341-361.
- Hidayah, N, Deviyani, E, Wicakso, D.R. 2012. Adsorption of Iron (Fe) in the Barito River using adsorbents from banana stems. Conversion. 1(1):19-25.
- Inbaraj, B.S., Wang, J.S., Lu, J.F., Siao, F.Y. and Chen, B.H., 2009. Adsorption of toxic mercury (II) by an extracellular biopolymer poly (γ-glutamic acid). Bioresource Technology, 100(1), pp.200-207.
- Inda, N. I., Fukumaru, M., Sana, T., Kiyoyama, S., Takei, T., Yoshida, M., Nakajima, A. and Shiomori, K. 2018. A Kinetic Study of Copper(II) Extraction using LIX84-I Impregnated Polymeric Particles with Different Structures. SERDJ. 25(1): 23-36.
- Islamiyah, S.N., & T. Koestiari. 2014. Analysis of Copper(II) Metal Content in Kenjeran Seawater. National Proceedings of Chemistry, ISBN: 978-602-0951-00-3
- Kalyani, S., Priya, J.A., Rao, P.S. and Krishnaiah, A.J.S.S., 2005. Removal of copper and nickel from aqueous solutions using chitosan coated on perlite as biosorbent. Separation science and technology, 40(7), pp.1483-1495.
- Komatsu, S., Kiyoyama, S., Takei, T., Yoshida, M., Shiomori, K. 2015. Extraction Equilibrium of Co(II) with Microcapsules of Cross-linked Gel of Poly (vinyl alcohol)/AlginicAcidEncapsulating Dispersed Droplets of 2-ethylhexyl Phosphonic Acid 2-ethylhexyl Ester.環境資源工学. 62: 56-62.
- Oyewo, O. A., Onyango, M. S. and Wolkersdorfer, C. 2017. Lanthanides Removal from Mine Water using Banana Peels Nanosorbent. int. J.Environ. sci. Technol. 15(6): 1256-1274.
- Pezoti Jr., O., Cazetta, A.L., Souza, I.P.A.F., Bedin, K.C., Martins, A.C., Silva, T.L and Almaida, V.C. 2014. Adsorption studies of methylene blue onto ZnCl2-activated carbon produced from buriti shells (Mauritia flexuosa L.), Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 20(6):4401-4407.
- Rodriguez, M.S., Zalba, M.S., Debbaudt, A.L. and Agullo, E., 2006. New chitosan–calcium pectinate pellets and their adsorption capacity. Colloid and Polymer Science, 285(1), pp.119-124.
- Saeidi, N. and Lotfollahi, M. N. 2015. Effects of powder activated carbon particle size on adsorption capacity and mechanical properties of the semi activated carbon fiber. Fibers and Polymers. 16(3): 543-549.
- Singha, A.S. and Guleria, A., 2014. Use of low cost cellulosic biopolymer based adsorbent for the removal of toxic metal ions from the aqueous solution. Separation Science and Technology, 49(16), pp.2557-2567.
- Sires, J. (2017). A review of potential zinc and copper pollution sources in the kenai river watershed. Get to the Watershed Forum. Alaska, USA: Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Solgi, M., G. Tabil, L. and D. Wilson, L., 2020. Modified biopolymer adsorbents for column treatment of sulfate species in saline aquifers. Materials, 13(10), p.2408.
- Stastn, M., J. Tolasz, V. Stengl, J. Henych, D. Zsayazka. 2017. Gravene Oxide/MnO2 Nano Composite as a Destructive Adsorbent of Nerve Agent Simulants in Aqueous Media, Appl. Surfing. sci. 412 19-28.
- Suliestyah, D. Ariani, Astuti. 2021. Optimization of ZnCl2 activator in producing activated carbon from coal and testing activated carbon as an adsorbent. Journal of Research and Scientific Work Trisakti University Research Institute. 6(2):191-201.
- Vijaya, Y., Popuri, S.R., Boddu, V.M. and Krishnaiah, A., 2008. Modified chitosan and calcium alginate biopolymer sorbents for removal of nickel (II) through adsorption. Carbohydrate polymers, 72(2), pp.261-271.
- Vitali, L., Justi, K.C., Laranjeira, M. and Fávere, V.T., 2006. Impregnation of chelating agent 3, 3-bis-N, N bis-(carboxymethyl) aminomethyl-o-cresolsulfonephthalein in biopolymer chitosan: adsorption equilibrium of Cu (II) in aqueous medium. Polímeros, 16, pp.116-122.
- Xiao, Z., Zhang, L., Wu, L. and Chen, D. 2019. Adsorptive Removal of Cu(II) from Aqueous Solutions using a Novel Macroporous Bead Adsorbent Based on Poly(vinyl alcohol) /Sodium Alginate/KMnO4 Modified Biochar. J.Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng. 102: 110-117.