Main Article Content
Background: Diarrhea is characterized by an increase in the frequency of bowel movements more than three times a day. This disease has a fairly high incidence rate in Indonesia, especially in children. One of the causes of diarrhea is a bacterial infection, therefore it needs to be treated with antibiotics. Several studies show that there are still many antibiotics that are used irrationally. It is necessary to analyze the rationality of the use of antibiotics in pediatric patients with diarrhea using the Gyssens method Objectives: This study is to ascertain the profile of acute diarrhea pediatric patients characteristic and evaluate antibiotics rationality with Gyssens method. Moreover, the purpose of this study is to analyze the factors that influence the rationality of the use of antibiotics in the inpatient pediatric acute diarrhea installation of Fatmawati Hospital 2018-2019 period. Material and Methods: This study is descriptive observational research. The study design was cross-sectional with retrospective data collection which was analysed then qualitatively with the Gyssens flow method Results: The result showed 54,29% antibiotics usde appropriately and rational. The irrational use of antibiotics was 45.7%. The results of statistical analysis with chi-square show a significant relationship between the rationality of antibiotics and the type of antibiotic (ρ = 0.000 < 0.05) and multiple logistic regression analysis showed that the route of drug administration (ρ = 0.000 < 0.05) affected the rationality of antibiotics use. Conclusions: Less than 50% of the patients received irrational treatment according to the Gyssen flow chart and according to the results of statistical analysis, the type of antibiotic and the route of drug administration affected the rationality of antibiotics.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Astaqauliyah. 2010. Keputusan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor 216/Menkes/SK/XI/2001, Tentang Pedoman Pemberantasan Penyakit Diare, Edisi kelima. Yogyakarta: Dinkes Kabupaten Bantul.
- Dinas Kesehatan. 2017. Profil kesehatan provinsi DKI Jakarta Tahun 2017. Kementrian Kesehatan RI. Jakarta.
- Dipiro JT, Talbert RL, Yee GC, Matzke GR, Wells BG, Posey LM. 2015. Pharmacotherapy a Pathophysiologic Approach, 9th Ed. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies, Section 16, Chapter 122.
- International Vaccine Access Center. 2014. Pneumonia and Diarrhea Progress Report 2014. Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Baltimore
- Kementrian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2013. Riset Kesehatan Dasar 2013. Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan. Kementrian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia, Jakarta.
- Mariska, Dian. 2017. Hubungan Rasionalitas Terapi Antibiotika dan Lama Rawat Inap pada Pasien Anak Terdiagnosa Diare di Instalasi Rawat Inap Rumah Sakit Islam Sultan Agung Semarang Periode 2016. Fakultas Kedokteran Unissula. Semarang
- Peraturan Menteri Kesehatan Indonesia. 2015. Program Pengendalian Resistensi Antimikroba di Rumah Sakit. Menteri Kesehatan Indonesia, Jakarta
- Samani Nijamudin, Zhang Jingxiao, Yong-Jie Yin, et al. 2014. Zinc in The Manage, Diarrhoea in Children Under The Age of 5 Years A-Review. Vol 2 No. 6.
- World Gastroenterology Organisation. 2012. Acute Diarrhea in Adults and Children: A Global Perspective, World Gastroenterology Organisation. UK