Main Article Content
Backgrounds: Hot weather in Indonesia can cause problems with hair and scalp health, including dandruff (seborrheic) and cause hair roots to become weak, making it easier for hair loss or alopecia to occur. The Amarasi people still do hair and scalp treatments with traditional plants. Objectives: This study aims to determine the ethnopharmacology of herbs as anti-dandruff and anti-baldness in Amarasi sub-district, Kupang district, including plant names, plant properties, plant parts, processing methods, usage methods and usage rules. Methods: This research is a qualitative descriptive study with an exploratory observational design. The data was obtained in the form of a survey by interviewing respondents with the help of a questionnaire. The sample in this study was a traditional healer (Hatra) who understood the use and use of anti-dandruff and anti-baldness drugs. Sampling was carried out using a purposive sampling techniq namely Hatra who were over 20 years old and had experience as a hatred for more than 3 years and above. The sample in this study was 17 traditional healers (Hatra). Results: result research shows that there are 18 plants consisting of 8 single plants and 16 herbs that are used and efficacious as anti-dandruff and anti-baldness. The plant parts used are leaves, fruit, seeds, sap/mucus, tube and oots. the method of processing plants for hair and scalp care by burning, splitting, fryinsqueezing and g, mashing, then, how to use it is washed, smearing, washedmassagingsaged. Rules for using plants 1-2 times a week. Conclusion: The Amarasi community has traditional plants and herbs that can be used as a treatment for scalp problems, including anti-dandruff, preventing hair loss and nourishing hair (anti-baldness). These plants based on research literacy studies conducted by previous researchers proved to have potential in the treatment of anti-dandruff and antibody.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Amelia, Y., Rostamailis, R., & Rosalina, L. 2017. The Use of Sprouts to Treat Hair Loss in Women with Hijab. E-Journal Home Economics and Tourism, 14(1).
- Hendrawati, TY, Nugrahani, RA, Utomo, S., and Ramadhan, AI 2018, September). Formulation process making of Aloe vera mask with variable percentage of Aloe vera gel extract. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 403, No. 1, p. 012013). IOP Publishing.https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/403/1/012013/meta
- Ibrahim, I., and Elihami, E. 2020. Making King Fried Onions in Enrekang Regency. Maspul Journal Of Community Empowerment, 1(2).https://ummaspul.e-journal.id/pengabdian/article/view/766
- Karlina, Y., Rahmiati, R. and Astuti, M. 2021. The Effect of Using Coconut Milk Starch as a Hair Mask on Post-Rebonding Hair Moisture. E-Journal Home Economics and Tourism, 15(2).http://ejournal.unp.ac.id/index.php/jhet/article/view/10600
- Mardiani, N., and Oktaviania, POP 2020. The Effect of Linoleic on Candlenut Oil for Toddler Hair Growth at BPM Entin Suryatini Indihiang Tasikmalaya. Motherland Health Journal, 2(2). http://journals.poltekesbph.ac.id/index.php/pertiwi/article/view/41
- Masyitoh, PL, Utomo, AW, Mahati, E., and Muniroh, M. 2019. Comparison of the Effectiveness of Aloe Vera Gel Extract (Aloe Vera L.) Against Hair Cell Growth. Diponegoro Medical Journal (Diponegoro Medical Journal), 8(4).https://ejournal3.undip.ac.id/index.php/medico/article/view/25383
- Mayawati, M. 2012. Liquid Cream Shampoo Formulation from the Combination of Waru (Hibiscus tiliaceus L.) Leaf Extract and Lime (Citrus aurantifolia Swingle.) Fruit Extract. As-Syifaa Pharmaceutical Journal, 4(1).http://jurnal.farmasi.umi.ac.id/index.php/as-syifaa/article/view/148
- Nyoman, D., & Utami, T. 2015. Androgenetic alopecia in men. Medicinus, 28(1), 40–45
- Riwayani, R., and Rosmiaty, R. 2021. Candlenut Oil Hair Balm in Reducing Hair Loss. home, 16(1).http://18.104.22.168/household/article/view/20249
- Samarinda, SJA, and Indriyani. 2018. R. Formulation and Test of Rabbit Hair Growth from Hair Tonic Preparations Combination of Celery Leaf Extract (Apium graveolens Linn) and Mangkokanan Leaf (Polyscias scutellaria (Burm. f.) Fosberg).
- Sari, DK and Wibowo, A. 2016, Herbal Treatment for Hair Loss. Majority Journal, 5(5).http://juke.kedokteran.unila.ac.id/index.php/majority/article/view/937
- Sinaga, SR, Subakir, S., and WAHYUDI, F. 2012. Comparative Test of the Effectiveness of Orange Juice (Citrus Hystrix Dc) With 1% Zinc Pyrithione Against Pityrosporum Ovale Growth in Patients with Dandruff (Doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Medicine).http://eprints.undip.ac.id/37807/
- Syah, ANA 2005. Virgin coconut oil: oil that conquers various diseases. AgroMedia.https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=laJZWBzGglsC&oi=fnd&pg=PA3&dq=Shah,+A.+N.+A.+2005.+Virgin+coconut+oil:+oil+conqueror+aneka+disease.+AgroMedia.&ots=MxjTzIZZ8G&sig=plY0dQ2aM6I7- eTLgbXCgenInvY